LIEBERMAN HOPES FORMER COLLEAGUES TALK TO NEW MEMBERS WITH ANTI-ISRAEL VIEWS

The Daily Caller | 1/15/2019 | Staff
ashb0101 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Screen-Shot-2017-05-24-at-12.27.00-PM.png

WASHINGTON — Former Connecticut Sen. and 2004 Democratic Vice Presidential candidate Joe Lieberman wants members of Congress to stand up for Israel when younger freshmen members speak out against the Jewish state.

“These are people who are new here and people who have a different attitude towards Israel ought to talk to them,” Lieberman told The Daily Caller on Thursday when he visited the Capitol.

Comments - Michigan - Democratic - Rep - Rashida

Anti-Israel comments made by Michigan Democratic Rep. Rashida Tlaib and Minnesota Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar have been scrutinized by Republicans and made several Democratic lawmakers uncomfortable since the new session started.

Last week, Minnesota rep. claimed it made her “almost chuckle” Israel is called a Jewish state and as a democracy, “because I know that if … we see that in any other society we would criticize it.”

Omar - Iran - Place - Sort - Religion

Omar added, “We do that to Iran, to any other place that sort of upholds its religion.”

Tlaib also caused a stir when she defended now-former CNN contributor Marc Lamont Hill for remarks he made when he called for physical “violence” against Jews in Israel and the elimination of the Jewish state.

Situations - Conference - Member - Something - Actions

“There [are] situations in our conference where a member does something that is wrong — I think you’ve seen from my own actions that I take action about it,” House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy told reporters during a press conference Friday, referencing the leadership’s removal of Iowa Republican Rep. Steve King from his committees over comments he made about white nationalism to the New York Times last month.

“I think when they stay silent, they are just as guilty,” McCarthy added.

Reporter - Tlaib - Remarks - House - Foreign

When asked by a reporter about Tlaib’s anti-Israel remarks, House Foreign Affairs Chairman Eliot Engel, a member of the anti-Semitism task force, replied,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
Wake Up To Breaking News!