Dr. Pimple Popper treated a woman with a painful 'horn' growing on the back of her head

Business Insider | 2/8/2019 | Caroline Praderio, INSIDER
amyc9948 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/5c5cb3f1bde70f44774633a8-1536-768.jpg

The latest episode of "Dr. Pimple Popper," the TLC series starring dermatologist Sandra Lee, featured Lisa, a woman with a "horn" growing out of the back of her head.

Lee said it was something called a cutaneous horn, a growth made of the protein keratin, and that it may have been a sign of skin cancer.

Episode - Horn - Result - Cyst

Later in the episode, testing revealed that the horn was the result of a cyst and wasn't cancerous.

Warning: This post contains graphic images.

Season - TLC - Series - Dr - Pimple

In the second season of her TLC series, Dr. Pimple Popper (a.k.a dermatologist Dr. Sandra Lee) has popped and removed plenty of the common growths that fans already know and love, like cysts and lipomas.

But the seasons' sixth episode, which aired Thursday night, featured something entirely new: A woman with a hard "horn" growing from the skin on the back of her head.

Look - Episode

Here's a closer look at the episode.

Lisa, 42, explained in an interview segment that a hardened horn started to grow from the back of her head about a year prior.

Day - Times - Episode - Anybody - Hair

"It grows every day, it gets bigger, it's painful at times," she said in the episode. "I don't want anybody to see it so I wear my hair up...the growth makes me feel gross."

Lisa added that, even though she's engaged, she's put off setting a wedding date because of the horn.

Front - Everybody - Back - Thing

"Usually when you get married, you're standing in front of everybody with your back to them," she said. "That's the first thing I think they're going to see."

But her concerns were more than just cosmetic.

Fear - Cancer - Lisa - Said - Time

"My worst fear is that it is cancer," Lisa said. "[It's] probably time I should get it checked. I have not been to a doctor about it. I don't have insurance, so that's the main reason. I don't really like doctors, either. But it's not going to go away...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!