First Look at Helen Reddy Movie ‘I Am Woman’ (EXCLUSIVE)

Variety | 2/6/2019 | Leo Barraclough
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/02/i-am-woman.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

London-based sales agency WestEnd Films has released the first-look photo for “I Am Woman,” which Variety has exclusively. The movie follows the rise of singer-songwriter Helen Reddy, whose song “I Am Woman” became the anthem for the women’s movement in the 1970s. The shot features Tilda Cobham-Hervey (“Hotel Mumbai,” “52 Tuesdays”), who plays Reddy.

“A film for our times, this is a story of fearless ambition and passion, about a woman who led the way for other women seeking equality by smashing through the patriarchal norms to become the international singing superstar she always dreamed of being,” according to WestEnd.

Film - Unjoo - Moon - Zen - Bennett

The film is directed by Unjoo Moon (“The Zen of Bennett”), and also stars Evan Peters (“American Animals,” “X-Men”) as Helen’s manager and husband Jeff Wald, and Danielle Macdonald (“Bird Box,” “Dumplin’”) as the rock journalist Lilian Roxon.

The film is produced by Goalpost Pictures’ Rosemary Blight, and is written by Emma Jensen (“Mary Shelley”). The cinematographer is Dion Beebe, who won an Oscar for “Memoirs of a Geisha,” and was Oscar-nominated for “Chicago.”

Production - Designer - Michael - Turner - Great

The production designer is Michael Turner (“Great Gatsby,” “Wolverine”) and Emily Seresin...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!