Virginia Lieutenant Governor: The Sexual Assault Allegation Against Me Is False

Hot Air | 2/4/2019 | Staff
Zorra (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/f.jpg

My first thought reading this was, “Wow, Ralph Northam’s people are trying to blow up the guy who’s in line to succeed him so that Northam can keep his job.” But no, turns out this allegation has been floating around for a year or so. Conceivably it was Northam’s people who revived it this weekend to protect the governor but there’s evidence of it and no reason to think it originated with him when it first came to the media’s attention.

SEE ALSO: Lieberman: Aren’t we all rushing to judgment on Northam?

Professor - Washington - Post - Claiming - Man

Anyway, tell me if this sounds familiar. A west-coast professor contacts the Washington Post claiming that a Washington-area man on the cusp of assuming an exalted job in government sexually assaulted her years ago. The Post starts investigating but can’t substantiate it. There is, as far as we know, no contemporaneous corroboration of an assault. Nonetheless the woman’s claim trickles into the media anyway as the man’s political enemies scramble for dirt to sink his career at a fateful moment.

TRENDING:

Right - Nominee - Women - Assault - Justin

“You have the right to be believed,” said the reigning Democratic nominee to women about sexual assault in 2015. Justin Fairfax — guilty until proven innocent?

Big League Politics has details about the alleged accuser. The evidence is so thin that I’m surprised Fairfax chose to acknowledge that the Post has been sniffing around about this instead of trying to delegitimize it as a “hit job” by opposition media or whatever. The allegation came to BLP second-hand, from someone claiming to be a friend of the alleged accuser who passed along a screenshot of a text that purportedly came from her. The text itself never even mentions Fairfax by name, although the details given do seem to point to him.

Position - Moment - Kavanaugh

He’s in roughly the same position at this moment as Kavanaugh was after...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Hot Air
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Is it real news?? or MSM news??