Joe Biden: Ralph Northam ‘Lost All Moral Authority’; Should Resign ‘Immediately’

Breitbart | 2/3/2019 | Staff
gemini2323 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2017/07/joe-biden-pissed-off-AP.jpg

Former Vice President Joe Biden, a possible 2020 presidential contender, joined a bipartisan chorus of calls for embattled Gov. Ralph Northam (D-VA) to resign after a photo emerged Friday of him and another man wearing blackface and Ku Klux Klan attire.

“There is no place for racism in America. Governor Northam has lost all moral authority and should resign immediately, Justin Fairfax is the leader Virginia needs now,” Biden said in a statement shared to Twitter Saturday:

Photo - Big - League - Politics - Virginian-Pilot

In a photo first reported by Big League Politics and later obtained by the Virginian-Pilot, Northam’s 1984 yearbook features Northam and another man in blackface, a bowtie, plaid pants and KKK attire. According to a Virginia Democrat in contact with Northam, the embattled governor now believes he does not appear in the photo — a shocking reversal — after admitting in his Friday evening apology that he was, indeed, in the photo. He would not reveal which attire he wore.

In his first apology, Northam acknowledged the clothing he had on was “clearly racist and offensive” and said in his follow-up apology that he was “deeply sorry” yet fully committed to staying on as the state’s chief executive.

Responsibility - Actions - Work - Trust - Northam

“I accept responsibility for my past actions and I am ready to do the hard work of regaining your trust,” said Northam.

Biden joins Democrat presidential candidates, including Sens. Kamala Harris (D-CA),...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: