Jussie Smollett covers his face and retreats with family members in Los Angeles

Mail Online | 2/3/2019 | Dailymail.com Reporters
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/03/01/9322404-0-image-a-2_1549156250993.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/01/31/2155998719441651359/1024x576_MP4_2155998719441651359.mp4

Jussie Smollett has been spotted covering his face as his drove away with family members after cancelling a planned meet and greet with fans over security fears.

Cameras captured Smollett in Los Angeles on Saturday as his brother loaded bags in a car and then drove away, with Smollett covering his face in the passenger seat.

Empire - Star - Performance - Saturday - Night

The Empire star will move forward with a planned performance on Saturday night at West Hollywood club Troubador, but a meet and greet with fans at the venue has been cancelled, according to TMZ.

It comes just days after he was allegedly attacked in Chicago on Tuesday as he walked home from a Subway restaurant.

Actor - Bleach - Neck

The actor, who is gay and black, said he was punched, had bleach poured on him and had noose put around his neck.

Moments later, he was filmed walking into his building with a rope hanging loosely around his neck.

Friday - Smollett - Silence - Fans - Outpouring

On Friday, Smollett broke his silence to thank fans for the outpouring of support he has received since the alleged attack.

The Empire star told Essence in a statement: 'Let me start by saying that I'm OK.

Body - Soul - Thank

'My body is strong but my soul is stronger. More importantly I want to say thank you.

'The outpouring of love and support from my village has meant more than I will ever be able to truly put into words.'

Inaccuracies - Misrepresentations - Case

He added that while he was 'frustrated' with 'certain inaccuracies and misrepresentations' about the case, he believes 'justice will be served.'

'I am working with authorities and have been 100% factual and consistent on every level. Despite my frustrations and deep concern with certain inaccuracies and misrepresentations that have been spread, I still believe that justice will be served.

Family - Types - Attacks - Sisters - Brothers

'As my family stated, these types of cowardly attacks are happening to my sisters, brothers...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!