Booker: I’m Proud of ‘I Am Spartacus’ Moment, How I Acted at Kavanaugh Hearings

Washington Free Beacon | 2/1/2019 | David Rutz
Celtics2212 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Screen-Shot-2019-02-01-at-12.21.35-PM-e1549041717675.png

BY: David Rutz

Sen. Cory Booker (D., N.J.) defended his "I am Spartacus" moment during Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court confirmation process, saying his conduct during the hearings was one of his proudest moments.

Booker - Field - Friday - President - Media

Booker joined the increasingly crowded 2020 Democratic field by announcing Friday he was running for president. His first national media stop was "The View," where conservative co-host Meghan McCain pressed him about authenticity and perceptions of being a grandstander for his dramatic displays at Senate hearings.

"You've just got to be who you are," Booker said. "There are going to be critics all the time."

Booker - Record - Service - Change - McCain

Booker boasted of his record in public service in bringing about "authentic change," but McCain responded that she couldn't look at him without thinking of his widely parodied "I am Spartacus" moment.

"I don't know if it's the best reflection of you," she said.

People - Watch - Clip - Booker - Culture

"I hope people go back and watch that whole clip, because even that was twisted," Booker said. "What we do in this culture right now, it's a tear-down culture. The truth doesn't even really matter. I hope you'll go back and watch the Kavanaugh hearings. That was one of my prouder moments sticking up for people."

During Kavanaugh's confirmation hearings, Booker—who said...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!