Seriously. What If we began again…?

Ann Voskamp | 2/1/2019 | Staff
newusr01 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3674/12644042125_51bddf0d77_b_d.jpg

I have two daughters. To say that I am proud of them and of their endeavors would be a supreme understatement.

One such endeavor for our oldest daughter, Abby, was to build a thriving babysitting business starting in her mid-teen years.

Faith - Area - Life - Places - Work

Irresistible faith can work in virtually any area of life, in all the places where we live, work, and play.

To achieve a competitive edge (as every formidable babysitter aims to do), Abby went all-in with two simple, life-giving practices that would soon make her services irresistible to the parents and children she served.

Phone - Eye - Contact - Play - Kids

First, she would stay off her phone and make eye contact and play with the kids until bedtime. For this, Abby became a superhero to all the kids.

Second, after bedtime she would tidy up the home—especially the main living space, sink, and kitchen—so that when the parents returned, everything would be in better shape at the endof the evening than it had been at the beginning.

Abby - Superhero - Parents

For this, Abby became a superhero to all the parents.

As you might imagine, she gained a lot of loyal customers as a result. Before she knew it, she was getting more babysitting requests than she could handle.

Simple - Examples - Picture - Jesus - Mandate

These two simple examples provide a picture of how Jesus’ mandate to become the salt of the earth, the light of the world, and a city on a hill—or what I am these days calling Irresistible Faith—is made practical.

Irresistible faith can work in virtually any area of life, in all the places where we live, work, and play.

Intentionality - Faithfulness - Things

All it takes is some intentionality and faithfulness about a few things.

It means being fully present and engaged, and pursuing available opportunities to leave people, places, and things better than we found them—all for the love of God, who so love the world that He gave—whenever and wherever we have opportunity...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Ann Voskamp
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Aim and timing is evereything.