3 Reasons Winning at Work Is Easier Than Winning at Home

ChurchLeaders | 1/30/2019 | Staff
blacky (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/winning_home.jpg

How’s it going at home…really?

Here’s what I’ve come to believe.

Everything - Rides - Home

Ultimately, everything rides on how you lead at home.

The stakes are high.

Lead - Home - Leader - Ministry - Organization

Lead well at home, and you will inevitably become a better leader in your ministry or organization.

The difficult issues you work through in your marriage and parenting will make you a wiser, stronger leader organizationally. My wife, Toni, and I tell how we worked through some very hard seasons here.

Discipline - Someone - Lifetime - People - Work

The discipline of loving someone for a lifetime will help you love the people you serve and work with through their ups and downs. Working through the issues at home actually makes the issues at work easier.

Leadership at home is more difficult than leadership organizationally for most people. Because respect is earned at home, and no one is interested in your title or corner office, you have to lead with love. It’s the only thing that works long term.

Home - Consequences - Ways - Leadership

Lead poorly at home, and the consequences will play out in several ways in your leadership:

You may win in ministry but lose the heart and affection of your family. Most of us have met leaders whose family is still together but deeply resents the leader’s organization.

Leadership - Ministry - Character - Issues - Home

Your leadership in ministry might be permanently stunted as unresolved character issues leak from home into your organizational leadership. Your flaws tend to eventually impact everything you lead and touch.

Subscribe to ChurchLeaders!

Collapse - Family - Collapse - Ministry - Leadership

You might lose it all—the collapse of your family might lead to the collapse of your ministry and leadership. How many times have we seen an affair, an addiction or other moral failures take out a leader whose gifting outweighed his character?

See what’s at stake?

Home - Home

Even though so much ultimately rides on how you lead at home, you will be tempted (as I am) to resist leading well at home.

In fact, many people pour all their skill...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Putting government in charge of morality, is like putting Satan in charge of ...
Tagged: