Richard E. Grant Wrote a Fan Letter to Barbra Streisand 47 Years Ago — He Finally Got a Response

PEOPLE.com | 1/30/2019 | Staff
kims (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/richard-e-grant-barbra-streisand.jpg?crop=0px,0px,1200px,630px&resize=1200,630

Richard E. Grant has finally had his teenage dream fulfilled.

The actor, who is a self-proclaimed lifelong fan of Barbra Streisand, revealed this week that he wrote a letter to the Funny Girl star when he was 14-years-old. Flash forward 47 years, and Grant has finally received the answer he’s been waiting for.

Tweet - Tuesday - Grant - Trip - Streisand

It all started with a tweet posted on Tuesday, in which Grant, 61, shared that he had taken a trip to Streisand’s home and snapped a pic outside of her residence — with permission, of course.

“As a lifelong fan of someone you’ll understand what it meant for me to take this snap outside the home of @BarbraStreisand,” he wrote. “Asked Security for permission & he replied ‘It’s a public road, but thanks for asking'”

Letter - Grant - Clarifying - Wife

“Wrote her this letter when I was 14,” Grant added, before clarifying, “My wife is very understanding!”

Along with the message and selfie of himself smiling outside of Streisand’s gated home, he included a copy of a fan letter he wrote the actress when he was a teen.

Note - Fandom - Concern - Streisand - Family

In the note, he professed his fandom and concern for Streisand, suggesting she should stay at his family’s quiet home located in the southeast African kingdom of Swaziland.

“You don’t know me yet, but I am writing to offer you an idea you might like to consider,” he began, adding that he’s been a “big fan” of Streisand’s since watching her in Funny Girl.

Paper - Fame - Romance - Mr - Ryan

“I read in the paper that you were feeling very tired and pressurized by your fame and failed romance with Mr Ryan O’Neal,” he explained. “I would like to offer you a two-week holiday, or longer, at our house, which is very beautiful with a pool and a magnificent view of the Ezulwini Valley. Which the Swazi people call Valley of Heaven. I think you will agree when...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!