On Jackie Robinson’s 100th Birthday, Daughter Sharon Takes Shot at Trump’s Border Wall

Breitbart | 1/30/2019 | Staff
josh567 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/01/ap-evan-vucci.jpg

Famed Major League Baseball player and civil rights icon Jackie Robinson was born 100 years ago on Thursday, and to celebrate his centennial, his daughter is urging a new generation to continue fighting for equal rights.

“The fact that it’s his 100th birthday and we’re even talking about him is amazing,” Sharon Robinson gushed according to The Undefeated. “It means that after all of his work, all of the sacrifice, the joys and the hard times, he is still having an impact. That is pretty incredible,” she added.

Sharon - Father - Birthday - Dad - Birthday

Sharon noted that she usually never celebrates her famous father’s birthday in public. She says that she has always felt that her dad’s birthday was a day for his family to remember him, not a day to share with the world.

“I never wanted to do anything publicly. I wanted it to be a private thing. I needed for some pieces of him to be our day,” Sharon said.

Year - Centennial - Father - Birth - Sharon

But this year, on the centennial of her famed father’s birth, Sharon Robinson says that she wants to use the day to highlight civil rights activism.

“We have some large things we want to accomplish this year,” she said. “This year I’ll do something on his birthday and be public about it, but still in my heart, I’d like that day to be a quiet day.”

Sharon - Notes - Rights - Marchers - TV

Sharon notes that civil rights marchers on TV brought the cause to the forefront in the American mind and led to the 1964 Civil Rights Act which brought on a new age of equal rights. And she hopes that her father’s 100th birthday can also help the cause.

The...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't touch that, you don't know where it's been.