Cotton Presses Intelligence Community Members on Alleged Huawei Espionage

Washington Free Beacon | 1/29/2019 | Nic Rowan
cyanbyte (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Tom-Cotton-1.jpg

BY: Nic Rowan

Sen. Tom Cotton (R., Ark.) questioned members of the intelligence community on the espionage charges swirling around Chinese companies Hauwei and ZTE, during a Tuesday Intelligence Committee open hearing on worldwide threats.

Cotton - Panel - Experts - Hands - Product

Cotton asked a panel of six experts to raise their hands if they would use a product made by either Chinese manufacturer. None of the panel members raised their hands, but asked if it would be better to discuss the company in a private hearing. Cotton agreed that might be more appropriate.

"I'll simply say that for the written record, though, I saw no hands go up, and while I'll defer to the closed session, I suspect that if I asked a fairer question that which is how many of you would recommend that people who are not heads of intelligence agencies—like your neighbors or church members or high school friends—use Huawei or ZTE ,there would also be six no votes of confidence," he said.

Week - Cotton - Justice

Earlier this week, Cotton praised the Justice...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!