Lieu Endorses Harris Before Iowa Town Hall

Washington Free Beacon | 1/28/2019 | Mikhael Smits
bethtetleybethtetley (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Kamala-Harris-1.jpg

BY: Mikhael Smits

Rep. Ted Lieu (D., Calif.) gave Sen. Kamala Harris (D., Calif.) her first congressional endorsement Monday, ahead of her CNN Iowa presidential town hall.

Harris - Monday - Nomination - President - Sunday

Harris announced last Monday she would run for the Democratic nomination for president in 2020 and on Sunday delivered a speech to a large crowd at a rally in Oakland, California.

In a Monday morning tweet, Lieu threw his support behind the fellow Californian. In it, he describes her as the right person to "move America forward."

San - Francisco - Mayor - Willie - Brown

After she announced, former San Francisco mayor Willie Brown wrote an op-ed in the San Francisco Chronicle defending his affair with Harris. The two dated for several years in the 1990s, when when she was beginning her California career. Brown was estranged from his wife at the time.

"Yes, I may have influenced her career by appointing her to two state commissions when I was Assembly speaker," Brown wrote. "And I certainly helped with her first race for district attorney in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: