MLB HoF Pitcher Mariano Rivera, ‘a Christian,’ Doesn’t Listen to Metallica: ‘I Listen to Christian Music’

CNS News | 1/28/2019 | Staff
Traight (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/mariano_rivera_unanimously_elected_to_hof_and_metallica_congratulating_rivera_screenshots.jpg

In an interview with the MLB Network, the newly minted, first ever unanimous first-ballot Baseball Writers’ Association of America (BBWAA) hall of famer Mariano Rivera told reporters, “as a Christian,” he doesn’t listen to Metallica; “I listen to Christian music.”

“With all due respect to the guys, I’ve never been to one of them [Metallica concerts],” admitted Mariano Rivera. “As a Christian guys, as a Christian, as a Christian, I mean that—again, with all my respect, man, to Metallica and all the guys—I don’t listen to that kind of music. I listen to Christian music, and therefore, I won’t be able to pick that kind of song.”

Mariano - Rivera - Remarks - Response - Reporter

Mariano Rivera’s remarks came in response to a reporter’s question concerning “how many Metallica concerts” the Hall of Famer had attended.

The New York Yankees closer, who famously walked up to the mound in Major League Baseball to the sound of Metallica’s “Enter Sandman,” was inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown last week. He received a record 100 percent of the votes, beating out the previous vote record holder Ken Griffey, Jr., who received 99.3 percent of the votes. The famed reliever Rivera said about his unanimous induction, “It’s a privilege to be here, and I thank God for the blessing and opportunity to play the game that I love with so many great players. I would like to thank the Baseball Writers’ Association for bringing me to the Hall of Fame.”

Interview - MLB - Network - Rivera - Metallica

Later in the interview on the MLB Network, Rivera was surprised by “the entire Metallica family,” who congratulated...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.