An Interview with DC Church Planter Benjamin Palka

Juicy Ecumenism | 1/28/2019 | Chelsen Vicari
Click For Photo: https://juicyecumenism.com/wp-content/uploads/river-720656_1280.jpg

Recently, the Institute on Religion and Democracy (IRD) had the privilege of interviewing Benjamin Palka, who serves as a church planter at King’s Church in Washington, DC. He is a graduate of State University College at Buffalo State with a bachelor of arts in communication and earned a master of theology from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. Palka currently works in the defense industry. He was kind enough to share some of his thoughts and time with IRD.

IRD: Can you please give me an overview of Kings Church DC’s conception?

Ben - Palka - Level - Friendship - Christian

Ben Palka: At the most basic level, a good friendship with another like-minded Christian named Wesley Welch got the ball rolling in early 2016. I attended the same church and studied theology at the same school. We found out each other had the same desire to organize and plant a church in the nation’s capital. From there, we started talking and discussing the idea with our pastors, mentors, faith leaders in D.C., and a Southern Baptist denominational leader. Our motives, rationale, and vision were vetted and those important to us and our efforts gave us a green light. Things progressed quickly, and with Wesley as the other leader, we officially started on February 2018.

On a deeper and more personal level, I committed to faith in Jesus Christ in college and that has been the single most important experience of my life. After that happened, I had years of maturing and it became clear to me that I wanted to be involved in the work of church planting. From there, the idea of helping to start a DC-based church plant materialized as I became more aware of how God was the architect behind the experiences and personal interests in my life. I’m reminded here that God promises to use every single event in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Juicy Ecumenism
Wake Up To Breaking News!
To despair is to turn your back on God, you can never despair.