Neuroscientist Dr Tara Swart reveals the simple mind tricks that could turn your life around 

Mail Online | 1/26/2019 | Dr Tara Swart For The Mail On Sunday
nallynally (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/26/19/9022128-0-image-a-28_1548529423939.jpg

As a successful doctor of psychiatry and neuroscience, it looked as if I had it all: I was married to a fellow psychiatrist and had a job working for the NHS. We were a carefree young couple, with a great social life and lots of opportunity to travel the world. Everyone assumed I was in complete control of my life.

But I was running on autopilot, and when I reached my mid-30s everything fell apart. I had become increasingly unhappy in my work, worn down by the long hours and workload and the sense of not being able to make a real difference to my patients.

Suffering - Life - Patients - Sense - Medication

I witnessed so much human suffering and saw how tough and cruel life was for the mentally vulnerable. I cared deeply about my patients, but I had a nagging sense that they deserved more than just medication and hospitalisation – that a healthier regime and a sense of wellbeing could do wonders to aid their recovery.

At the same time my marriage fell apart and it had a disastrous impact on my own sense of identity and confidence. I felt like I was drowning, with nothing to hold on to and no end in sight.

Rock - Bottom - Clarity - Determination - Feeling

However, rock bottom gave me new clarity. It gave me a determination I had not known I possessed, and a feeling that I must progress on my own to fulfil my potential.

I’d grown up in London as part of an immigrant Indian family where yoga and meditation were part of the daily routine and we adhered to a strict vegetarian diet, but I had thrown that all aside to study medicine.

Path - Strength - Solace - Practices - Childhood

Now, as I battled to find a new path for myself, I found strength and solace in the alternative practices of my childhood. I started to apply my cynical medic’s mindset to investigating...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
He is faithful!