Ky. Bishop Slams Covington Kids for Wearing MAGA Hats, 'A Politics of Hate'

CNS News | 1/25/2019 | Staff
reantes (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/screen_shot_2019-01-25_at_12.52.44_pm.png

the Diocese of Lexington, Ky.

Reverend John Stowe, the bishop of the Diocese of Lexington, Ky., harshly criticized the Covington Catholic High School boys who were confronted by Indian activists after the March for Life on Jan. 18, stating he was astonished they would wear MAGA hats that represent a president "who denigrates the lives of immigrants." He also stated that "the association of our young people with racist acts and a politics of hate must also become unthinkable."

Leader - Catholic - Church - Counties - Central

"As the leader of the Catholic Church in the 50 counties of Central and Eastern Kentucky, I join the Diocese of Covington and other Catholic leaders in apologizing in the wake of this incident," said Bishop Stowe in a Jan. 23 commentary published in the Lexington Herald-Leader.

Coving student Nick Sandmann is confronted by left-wing Indian activist Nathan Phillips.

Actions - Kentucky - Catholic - School - Students

"I am ashamed that the actions of Kentucky Catholic high school students have become a contradiction of the very reverence for human life that the march is supposed to manifest," he said. "As such, I believe that U.S. Catholics must take a look at how our support of the fundamental right to life has become separated from the even more basic truth of the dignity of each human person."

"[I]t astonishes me that any students participating in a pro-life activity on behalf of their school and their Catholic faith could be wearing apparel sporting the slogans of a president who denigrates the lives of immigrants, refugees and people from countries that he describes with indecent words and haphazardly endangers with life-threatening policies," said the bishop.

Someone - Share - Policy - Goal - Abortion

"We cannot uncritically ally ourselves with someone with whom we share the policy goal of ending abortion," he added.

The bishop then went on to talk about racism and how it must be put in the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!