Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby reveal they were TRAPPED in a broken elevator at the NTAs

Mail Online | 1/23/2019 | Ryan Smith for MailOnline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/23/17/8896388-0-image-a-83_1548263732413.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/01/23/5462314575057600641/1024x576_MP4_5462314575057600641.mp4

They appeared to be worse for wear on Wednesday, when they resumed their hosting duties on This Morning after partying at the National Television Awards.

And Phillip Schofield, 56, and Holly Willoughby, 37, have revealed that their raucous night out hit a bit of a glitch on Tuesday night, when they found themselves trapped in an elevator that continuously went up and down without letting them out.

Night - Events - Daytime - Show - Phillip

While recalling the night's events on his daytime show, Phillip shared footage of the hilarious moment, which saw them trapped with the likes of fellow TV personalities Emma Willis, 42, and Paddy McGuinness, 45.

Holly, who was engrossed in conversation throughout much of the mishap, admitted: 'I didn’t realise we got stuck in a lift until you told me that.

Ladies - Corner - Lift - Lift - Emma

'I found two ladies in the corner of the lift, that couldn't believe they were stuck in a lift, there was like Emma Willis and everybody was there all together. They were like, 'We just walked into a lift and now you’re here." We were yabbing away.'

Phillip, who also shared the information with fellow This Morning personality Alison Hammond, 43, revealed that they were stuck in the lift 'for quite some time'.

Elevator - Condition - Drama - Door - Floor

And even once the elevator was back in working condition, the drama didn't end there: 'Then the door opened and we realised we were on the wrong floor so we had to go back to where we were in the first place,' Phillip recounted, to much laughter.

Holly and Phillip turned up to work on motorbikes, driving directly into the studio after beating the likes of GMB to Best Daytime show, for the ninth year running.

Pair - Screen - Aspirin - Teaser - Tagline

Earlier, the pair failed to show their faces on the screen as they reached for the aspirin, during a teaser, with a tagline reading: 'We're live at 10.30, hopefully.'

Alison...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!