Composer Vik Sharma Discusses “Fighting with My Family” Score

TVOvermind | 3/21/2012 | Dan Moore
Tanya9 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.tvovermind.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/fightingwithmyfamily_header.jpg

The Sundance Film Festival is kicking off on Thursday, with no shortage of star power. Some of the most-see anticipated films are Jake Gyllenhaal’s Velvet Buzzsaw, Emma Thompson’s Late Night and Olivia Colman’s Them That Follow. Another film that is garnering buzz is Dwayne Johnson’s family comedy Fighting with My Family, which will be making its premiere at the prestigious festival as the “Secret Screening”. Johnson produced the film and also has a small role. The film is based on the true story of WWE Superstar Paige, who gained an opportunity to train for the WWE following years of obsessing over wrestling with her family. Ahead of the premiere we spoke with one of the film’s creatives, accomplished composer Vik Sharma, and learned many new things including about the score including the fact that Blur’s Graham Coxon contributed. Read the full interview here.

-You worked with Blur guitarist Graham Coxon on the score for Fighting with My Family. Can you tell us a little bit about this and what your collaboration was like?

Francis - Ford - Coppola - Story - Marlon

Francis Ford Coppola tells this wonderful story about working with Marlon Brando for The Godfather. He had to film some screen tests, so set up an appointment to meet Brando at his home. He arrived, Brando wasn’t ready yet, so he set up a bunch of props on a table – Italian coffee, saucisse, bread. Eventually Brando emerged and without missing a beat, started nibbling on the food, speaking in an Italian accent, gruff because the character had been shot in the throat, and seamlessly ‘becoming’ Vito Corleone right in front of Coppola – he even took a phone call in character. It was the stuff of genius.

Working with Coxon was a bit reminiscent of that! I would liaise with the director and music editor, write and record demo...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVOvermind
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I love to post, but I never read the article!