WHY DO MISSIONS IN THE VILLAGE?

Tim Challies | 1/23/2019 | Staff
hi09 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.challies.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ALaCarte-NewspaperScript_2b-WED-940x492-1.jpg

There are a few minor Kindle deals today. We’ll hope for better things tomorrow. Meanwhile, you may want to check out this week’s deals from Westminster Books.

How sad is it that the world’s largest gathering of humans is to worship false gods. “The Shukla family were among the first of what’s expected to be 150 million pilgrims all taking a dip in India’s holy river through March 4 as part of the Kumbh Mela, a Hindu religious festival billed as the world’s largest gathering of human beings at one event.”

Ligonier - App - Bible - Teaching - Palm

The Ligonier app puts trustworthy Bible teaching in the palm of your hand. Download it for free and get access to hundreds of discipleship resources, including daily devotionals, video teaching series, and even a biblical and theological chat service. Just visit Ligonier.org/app to download it today.

Jordan Standridge: “Scores of people have been greatly impacted by this wonderful man of God, and so in honor of his 50 year anniversary of serving as the Teaching-Pastor of Grace Community Church I reached out to 50 pastors who have been greatly influenced by John MacArthur to write a sentence or two about the greatest thing they learned from Him.”

Missions - Village

Why Do Missions in the Village?

I love these little glimpses from overseas. “Should you walk into my village one day and hand Patrice a package of Tylenol, he will tell you that it is cyɛti. You would walk away writing in your journal that cyɛti means ‘medicine’. And you would be right, to a degree. The question is, ‘What do you mean by medicine?'”

Sophia - Lee - Truth - Culture - Masculinity

Sophia Lee: “Ultimately, here’s the sad truth: Culture has always warred against God-designed masculinity and femininity. This talk about “harmful” traditional masculinity is our culture once again trying to refresh itself. Our world’s cultures are...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Tim Challies
Wake Up To Breaking News!
How's that peak oil working out for you?
Tagged: