Alfonso Cuarón Talks ‘Roma’ Oscar Noms Crediting The Academy’s Recent Focus On Inclusion & Audiences’ Desire For Diverse Films

The Playlist | 1/22/2019 | Charles Barfield
AavyAavy (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Roma-alfonso-cuaron_LC.jpg

Sure, “Black Panther” is a big Oscars story, as the film is the largest domestic box office earner of 2018 and the first superhero film to earn a Best Picture nomination. However, perhaps the most notable story of today’s Oscar nominations is with Alfonso Cuarón’s “Roma.” And in a new interview, the filmmaker discusses the news that his film earned 10 nominations, tied for the most this year, and why he thinks audiences reacted so well to his latest project.

Speaking to The Wrap, Cuarón discussed his journey with “Roma” leading up to this morning’s Oscar nominations. Cuarón said, “I started to get surprised at the Venice Film Festival, and then when I started to go around the world with the film hearing the strong emotional responses. Obviously, that shows that the human experience is one and the same — but also, that we share so many wounds that I thought I only shared with my family and with the society I grew up in.”

He credits recent...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
What's more plentiful, hydrogen or stupidity?