ABC Brings on Spike Lee to Tout Illegals: ‘I Call Them People Seeking Peace’

NewsBusters | 1/21/2019 | Staff
yana.booyana.boo (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/leespike2.jpg

The liberal co-hosts of The View on Monday brought on far-left director Spike Lee to tout his new music video opposing the a wall on the southern border. Referring to illegals crossing the border as “people who are seeking peace,” Lee hyped the protest song he directed for the rock group The Killers.

Of course, the women of The View asked no tough questions. Instead, Lee recounted going to the border as a caravan approached: “That was about the whole — I don't even call them immigrants. I'm calling them people who are seeking peace.”

One - Show - People - Peace - Illegal

No one on the show pointed out that not all who enter illegally are “people seeking peace.” Such as the illegal who murdered police corporal Ronil Singh in California.

Despite a history of saying bizarre things, media outlets repeatedly bring on Lee. In 2005, the director told HBO’s Bill Maher that it’s “not far-fetched” to say that the New Orleans levees were deliberately destroyed during Hurricane Katrina. Yet ABC’s Good Morning America in 2008 touted him simply as a “social critic.”

Transcript - Click - Expand

A transcript is below. Click "expand" to read more.

SUNNY HOSTIN: I want to ask you this, the rock band The Killers just released a new song called Land of the Free and you directed a film for this song with scenes of migrants at the U.S./Mexico border. And we have a clip. Please take a look.

Clip - Killers - Song - Land - Free

[Clip of The Killers song “Land of the Free.”]

JOY BEHAR: Wow. So powerful.

HOSTIN - Wheelchairs

HOSTIN: So powerful. We're seeing wheelchairs lifted over. What was it like there?

SPIKE LEE: Well, at first I'd like to give a shout out to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Government, where everything works great, until something has to work.