More details emerge about that standoff at the March for Life

The Deacon's Bench | 1/20/2019 | Staff
katz1234 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/56/2019/01/Screen-Shot-2019-01-20-at-6.08.54-PM.png

Rod Dreher today offered this assessment of the one event that seems to be defining this year’s March for Life, the encounter between Native American Nathan Phillips and a group of high school boys from Covington, Kentucky:

Last night before bed, having only seen those shorter videos, I retweeted a condemnation of these boys. Now I regret that, having seen the whole video, and observing how left-wing activists — some of them Christian — are seizing on this ugly incident to discredit the March For Life, a massive annual event protesting the murder of the unborn.

POSSIBLE - Boys - Fun - Man

To be clear, it is POSSIBLE that these boys really did make fun of this old Native American man. If that’s what happened, they should apologize.

I don’t think this is what happened at all, though. These boys were already chanting their high school chants. Nathan Phillips confronted them. They don’t appear to understand what point he was making with his own chanting and drum-beating. And now they are held up to the contempt of the country for something they appear not to have done at all. And, the news accounts conveniently ignore the provocative, racist, foul-mouthed attacks on the boys by one of Phillips’s Native American companions.

Something - Elder - Phillips - College - Students

Here’s something else: in 2015, this same Native American elder, Phillips, confronted college students wearing Indian garb at a college party, and claimed he was treated disrespectfully by them. So he said; no video exists. It appears that he was looking for a confrontation of some sort. If those college boys behaved that way, it was indeed wrong, and offensive. But Nathan Philips seems like a man who seeks out...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Deacon's Bench
Wake Up To Breaking News!