A new book everyone's talking about urges us all to 'eat what you want and STOP worrying!'

Mail Online | 1/19/2019 | Eve Simmons For The Mail On Sunday
tiazanne (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/19/18/8734910-0-image-a-23_1547921650291.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/06/05/8725135067089911469/1024x576_MP4_8725135067089911469.mp4

Banish carbs, shun anything with even a trace of sugar in it, go vegan and guzzle nothing but green juice – all advice that has, at one point or another, been promoted as a fast-track to the perfect body and ultimate health.

Guides to ‘clean eating’ – written by wellness ‘gurus’ and often endorsed by ultra-slim celebrities – line bookshop shelves and they all spout similar messages. Social media is awash with even more extreme advice.

Painstaking - Effort - Food - Groups - Cent

But despite the painstaking effort it takes to cut out entire food groups, roughly 97 per cent of those who restrict their diet in a bid to lose weight will fail, according to research.

With depressing regularity, slimmers emerge weighing much the same – if not more – than they did before. And that’s only if they’re lucky. Because there is a darker side to these fad diets.

Disorder - Health - Condition - Person - Relationship

For an unfortunate few, diets spiral into an eating disorder – a serious mental health condition that destroys a person’s relationship with food.

And I should know – as I am one extreme example. Last week in The Mail on Sunday’s YOU magazine, I told of how an obsession with ‘healthy’ eating – informed by what I read on blogs and websites – led me down a path to anorexia, which eventually became life-threatening.

Lesson - Health - Bread - Spaghetti - Cheese

The unlikely lesson that helped me back to health was learning that supermarket-bought bread, spaghetti drenched in cheese, chocolate cookies, mayonnaise, red meat and full-fat milk weren’t the ‘toxic’ substances I’d been led to believe they were.

I was lucky during my treatment to be referred to a brilliant dietician, Luci Daniels, who helped me understand the truth: there is no such thing as ‘unhealthy’ or ‘healthy’ food. Every ingredient can play a role in a balanced diet.

Years

Since then, over the past four years I’ve been committed to arming...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!