I Went to the March for Life. Here Are 7 Things I Saw

The Daily Signal | 1/18/2019 | Staff
lukealukea (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://www.dailysignal.com/wp-content/uploads/50321314_567195237119947_7404830691285794816_n.jpg

Tens of thousands of pro-life activists from across the country gathered Friday in Washington to speak out against abortion by participating in the 46th annual March for Life.

A massive crowd–made up of many high school and college students but also families, older Americans, and clergy–gathered on the National Mall for the rally that preceded the event before making their way along Constitution Avenue to the Supreme Court.

Leaders - Influencers - Attendees - Ben - Shapiro

Notable conservative leaders and influencers who addressed attendees included Ben Shapiro, host of “The Ben Shapiro Show” and editor-in-chief of The Daily Wire.

Vice President Mike Pence and second lady Karen Pence put in a surprise appearance.

Event - Daily - Signal - Participants - Year

I checked out the event for The Daily Signal, observing and talking with participants during my 13th year attending the march. Here are seven things I noticed:

Kate Meldrum from Greenville, Indiana, said she attended the march this year because she could have lost her sister to abortion.

Today - Unborn - Meldrum - Iris - Birth

“I am here today to march for the unborn,” Meldrum said. “And when I was younger, my little sister Iris was born, and she had some birth defects, and they told my parents it would be a good idea to abort her.”

“And now she is fine, and she is my favorite little sister. So that’s why I march today.”

Abortion - Rights - Groups - Parenthood - Women

It’s so secret that abortion rights groups such as Planned Parenthood and the Women’s March have tried to monopolize the color pink in their branding to advocate abortion on demand.

Nathan Burning, of Fort Wayne, Indiana, said he and friends were at the march to “take pink back” with their pink pro-life wristbands.

Campaign - Burning - Them - Live - Organization

“That’s our campaign,” Burning said. “Let Them Live is the organization that we founded. Basically the whole mission is to take pink back and save lives from abortion.”

Susanna Edwards, of Delta, Pennsylvania, dressed in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Signal
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: