Buffalo Newspaper: Gillibrand ‘Flat-Out Lied’ During Senate Campaign About Not Running for President

Washington Free Beacon | 1/18/2019 | Cameron Cawthorne
tictac399 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/GettyImages-1059474584-e1547239643264.jpg

BY: Cameron Cawthorne

A major newspaper in western New York slammed Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D., N.Y.) on Thursday for saying unequivocally during her 2018 Senate campaign that she would serve her full six-year term in the Senate.

Buffalo - News - Editorial - Board - Politicians

The Buffalo News editorial board wrote it understand politicians want to make their presidential announcements on their own schedule and will dance around questions about their ambitions, but the board said, "they don’t flat-out lie."

Gillibrand announced the formation of a presidential exploratory committee on Tuesday, saying she was "going to run for president of the United States, because as a young mom, I'm going to fight for other people's kids as hard as I would fight for my own."

Board - Gillibrand - President

But in 2018, the board noted Gillibrand "bluntly denied" she would run for president.

"Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand flat-out lied. As the New York Democrat’s 2018 re-election campaign neared its end, she bluntly denied she would run for president and pledged to serve her full term. It was unnecessary and unfortunate," the editorial reads.

Board - Exchanges–one - Oct - Debate - Buffalo

The board spells out two exchanges–one during a Oct. 25 debate and the other during a Buffalo News editorial board interview–where Gillibrand was asked about her future ambitions looking forward to 2020.

Question: "Can you...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!