U.S. House Panel’s Top Democrat, Republican Seek Executive Trading Oversight

www.oann.com | 6/30/2018 | Staff
Fubu_chik (Posted by) Level 3
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The top Democrat and Republican on the House Financial Services Committee are sponsoring legislation directing a regulatory review of some corporate executive investment plans, as the banking panel starts its 2019 work on a bipartisan note.

Representative Maxine Waters, the Democrat who chairs the panel, and Representative Patrick McHenry, its top Republican, are behind the bill, which would order the Securities and Exchange Commission to review its existing rules around some executive investment plans.

Member - McHenry - Bills - Consumer - Investor

“I am happy to work with Ranking Member McHenry on the first of what I hope will be many bipartisan bills to strengthen consumer and investor protections,” Waters said in a statement.

“Cracking down on fraud and abuse within our financial system is apolitical,” said McHenry in a statement. “I am glad to join Chairwoman Waters in this meaningful effort to help the SEC better understand illicit insider trading.”

House - Democrats - Majority - President - Donald

House Democrats, now back in the majority, are expected to feud frequently with President Donald Trump and his allies in Congress,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.oann.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!