Manipulative Repentance, Dr. King and Theological Liberalism, & The Future of the Pro-life Movement

Summit Life with J.D. Greear | 1/18/2019 | Staff
smnth28 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://jdgreear.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/rawpixel-1075725-unsplash-1.jpg

Wisdom for Your Weekend: Your regular installment of what we’ve been reading (and watching) from around the web. We gather the best and leave out the rest.

Wisdom - Weekend - Installment - Web - Chris

Wisdom for Your Weekend is your regular installment of what we’ve been reading (and watching) around the web. Presented to you by Chris Pappalardo, with guidance from Pastor J.D., this is our attempt to reflect Proverbs 9:9: “Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning.” While we do not always agree with everything these authors post, we share these resources because we find them challenging and enriching. As we often say around the Summit, when it comes to reading, “Eat the fish and spit out the bones.”

Manipulative Repentance: 8 Red Flag Phrases, Brad Hambrick. Just about everyone agrees that there are healthy and unhealthy ways to repent. But how are we to discern between the two? Is it even possible to set objective criteria for “manipulative repentance”? If you want to know what manipulative repentance is, or (like me) what it looks like in real life, read on.

Movement - Headed - John - Stonestreet - Weekend

Where Is the Pro-Life Movement Headed? John Stonestreet. This weekend, we celebrate Sanctity of Life Sunday, a day set aside to promote and celebrate the cause of the pro-life movement. In light of this, BreakPoint asked several Christian leaders—including the Summit’s own Bruce Ashford—to answer the question, “Where is the pro-life movement headed?”

In China, They’re Closing Churches, Jailing Pastors, and Even Re-writing Scripture, Lily Kuo. “In late October, the pastor of one of China’s best-known underground churches asked this of his congregation: had they successfully spread the gospel throughout their city? ‘If tomorrow morning the Early...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Summit Life with J.D. Greear
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Do I know who I am?