Emmerdale: 'Vanity' fans rejoice as Charity Dingle and Vanessa Woodfield FINALLY get engaged

Mail Online | 1/18/2019 | Laura Fox For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/18/00/8673938-0-image-a-135_1547771412497.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/01/18/1140360866015195757/1024x576_MP4_1140360866015195757.mp4

Emmerdale fans were cheering with delight on Thursday after Charity Dingle and Vanessa Woodfield finally got engaged.

Taking to Twitter in droves viewers were delighted to see the much loved couple - known as 'Vanity' - take the next step.

Attempts - Charity - Vanessa - Attempt - Gesture

It took two attempts from Charity before Vanessa finally said yes, as her first attempt at a grand romantic gesture was a hijack of someone else's proposal.

In the first of Thursday's double bill, Charity (Emma Atkins) was determined to pull out all the stops to make her proposal to Vanessa (Michelle Hardwick) perfect, but in typical soap fashion it took a bit of scheming and scamming to get there.

Cash - Charity - Proposal - Man - Home

Rather than splash the cash herself, Charity stole her proposal from a man that was planning his own at Home Farm, locking the would-be groom in a cupboard to hijack the horse-drawn carriage he had hired.

Surprising Vanessa with her gift Charity got down on one knee in the cart, but before she gets an answer the furious groom escapes and exposes her plan.

Course - Vanessa - Charity - Surprise - Con

Of course Vanessa is unimpressed to hear Charity's big surprise was a con, and so storms off - with much of the second episode showing the pair debating whether they should be together at all.

Luckily at the episode's end Charity finally gives Vanessa what she wants - a simple no-frills proposal - teamed with a speech that left many viewers in tears.

Something - Charity

'Vanessa, you've clearly got something very deeply wrong with you, that would make you willing to put up with me,' Charity began.

'So I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything." - Alexander Hamilton