Passenger who saw man crush Alfie Lamb, three, tells court the child’s mother hit him

Mail Online | 1/18/2019 | Amie Gordon For Mailonline
megzmegz123 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/17/16/8656762-0-image-a-60_1547742441932.jpg

A man wailed 'What have I done' after deliberately crushing his girlfriend's toddler to death with his car seat, a court has heard.

Stephen Waterson, 25, is accused of crushing Alfie Lamb to death by ramming his car seat into the three-year-old as he sat in the rear footwell of a car.

Trial - Old - Bailey - Alfie - Mother

The 25-year-old is on trial at the Old Bailey alongside Alfie's mother Adrian Hoare, 23, who allegedly did nothing to stop Waterson and instead told her son to be quiet as he screamed out for her to help.

Waterson shook Alfie when he went quiet and did not respond, then went into the couple's flat in Croydon, south London, and shouted 'What have I done', while waiting for paramedics to arrive, the court heard today.

Alfie - Pressure - Hospital - Days - Crush

Alfie was crushed by up to 81kg of pressure and died in hospital three days later from crush asphyxia, after suffering brain damage and a cardiac arrest, jurors heard.

The three-year-old died screaming 'Mummy,' the Old Bailey has heard.

Alfie - Head - Seat - Passenger - Seat

Alfie's head was wedged between the rear seat and the front passenger seat when Stephen Waterson twice moved his chair back 'as far as it could go,' the court has heard.

On 1 February last year, Marcus Lamb was driving, Waterson was sitting in the front passenger seat, and Hoare was in the back with Emilie Williams.

Ms - Williams - Daughter - Alfie - Footwells

Ms Williams said her own daughter and Alfie were sitting in the footwells behind the front two seats.

Marcus Lamb claims he was driving the car even though he was disqualified 'because Waterson had threatened him.'

Evidence - Screen - 'She

Giving evidence from behind a screen, he said: 'She was treating him badly. If he tripped up she would drag him up. She was screaming at him.

'Alfie was on the back seat. Then he was told to get on the floor.'

During...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!