Unpaid federal workers relying on charity as shutdown continues

New York Post | 1/17/2019 | Staff
InLove4567 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/unpaid-workers.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1200

Federal workers and contractors not getting paid have had to resort to seeking handouts as the record-breaking shutdown continues for a fourth week.

In Washington, DC, the line for free meals stretched down Pennsylvania Avenue between the White House and the Capitol because workers say any little bit helps when no money is coming in.

Blen - Woldearegay - Department - Interior - Contractor

“Accepting that I’m here is demoralizing,” said a teary Blen Woldearegay, a Department of Interior contractor who is worried about possible foreclosure on her new home.

“It’s hard. It’s hurtful. I’m not the type of person that likes to do that [ask for help] just by nature. So admitting that I’m looking for help is not exactly my strong suit.”

Famed - Chef - José - Andrés - Meals

Famed chef José Andrés is offering free meals daily to thousands of furloughed workers in DC through his emergency food bank, World Central Kitchen, which typically operates in foreign countries devastated by earthquakes, hurricanes and volcanoes.

“This is different in that it’s not a natural disaster, but it’s a man-made disaster and unfortunately people are affected just...
(Excerpt) Read more at: New York Post
Wake Up To Breaking News!