I’ve Been Going to the March for Life Since I Was 12. Here’s 3 Things I’ve Learned

The Daily Signal | 1/17/2019 | Staff
morica (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.dailysignal.com/wp-content/uploads/Capture-6.jpg

Rachel del Guidice is a reporter for The Daily Signal. She is a graduate of Franciscan University of Steubenville, Forge Leadership Network, and The Heritage Foundation’s Young Leaders Program. Send an email to Rachel.

I have been going to the March for Life since 2006, essentially for half my life. Looking back at the past now 13 years I’ve attended, I’m in awe of how it has remained the most unifying event that I have ever been part of.

March - Life - School - Student - Nerd

I went to my first March for Life as a middle school student who was somewhat of a nerd and news junkie. Media coverage I had seen from years past had me thinking I’d join a crowd of several hundred people marching to the Supreme Court to protest abortion.

I wasn’t quite prepared for the sea of people I saw that first year, and every year since, that covers the National Mall for the rally that precedes the event. It becomes a massive human wave that slowly spills down Constitution Avenue to the Supreme Court.

Themes - Year - March - Life - Age

Here are three recurring themes I have found to be true each year since my first March for Life at age 12.

1. The Pro-Life Movement Is Young.

Anyone - Movement - Needs - March - Life

Anyone who says the pro-life movement is antiquated or irrelevant needs to come to the March for Life. Young people, mostly high school and college students, make up the majority of those at the event. Middle-aged adults are the minority.

When I first experienced the March for Life, I did expect the event to be like something I had never experienced before. But I was not prepared for how my first March For Life would open my eyes to the young, strong gathering of visionaries across the country that the pro-life movement is.

Thing - Years

The beautiful thing is that after all these years, it hasn’t changed.

The march...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Signal
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: