Social media erupts in outrage over Netflix price hike

Mail Online | 1/15/2019 | Dailymail.com Reporter
magiccastlemagiccastle (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/15/21/8572514-0-image-a-75_1547589501364.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/12/28/2950952187681619316/1024x576_MP4_2950952187681619316.mp4

Netflix's price hike announcement has sparked fury and outrage on Twitter with many once-loyal customers vowing to cancel their subscriptions.

The online streaming service announced it would bump costs by 13 to 18 percent depending on the plan. The website's most standard and most popular package will cost $12.99 moving forward, compared to today's price of $10.99.

Rise - Dollars - Customers - Breaking - Point

While the rise is a mere two dollars more for most customers, it's a breaking point for many Netflix viewers who are ready to shut down their accounts.

Many complain Netflix is flooding its service with boring original content, cancelling beloved shows, and focusing too much on non-English programming.

'Thanks - Netflix - Customer - User - Tuesday

'Thanks @Netflix you just lost a customer,' one angry user tweeted on Tuesday.

'Time to cancel something I barely use. Bye Netflix,' another wrote.

Users - Netflix - TV - Shows - Movies

Some users said that Netflix's prolifically produced original TV shows and movies were to blame for the price hike, but not all viewers enjoy the brand's content.

'Here's an idea, stop making 100 different new shows a year, most of which are **** and stop making us bear the costs,' a Twitter user named Leonard Archer tweeted.

'Netflix - Prices - Originals - Season - Twitter

'Netflix doesn't need to raise their prices. We didn't ask for all these trash originals that they cancel after one season,' another Twitter user echoed.

Others complained that the streaming service offers plenty of content but often in unrelatable categories such as in non-English languages.

Netflix - Selection - Flicks - Prices - Amazon

'I'm quitting Netflix! Their selection is too foreign and heavy into chick flicks. And for them to raise prices? I protest!!! Amazon Prime is better than Netflix. Netflix is raising its prices again, and the news is sending the company's stock up more than six percent,' Twitter user Tad Toring wrote.

He noted that the 13 to 18 percent increase is the biggest since Netflix launched 12 years ago.

Many...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
To despair is to turn your back on God, you can never despair.