A Pastor, His Dying Wife, and Their Church—A Group Text

The Aquila Report | 1/16/2019 | Staff
yana.booyana.boo (Posted by) Level 4
I belong to a What’sApp messaging group with scores (or more) of Brad and Megan’s family, friends, and fellow church members. Brad offers updates, which alternate between the grieving and the inspiring. His friends offer encouragements and prayers. On Wednesday morning—five days after normal ended—Brad shared the following (lightly edited, including removing children and church’s names).

My friend Brad is a pastor in England. His wife, Megan, is lying in a hospital bed, unconscious, a few days or even hours from death.

Story - Friday - Months - Cut - Group

The story began last Friday, when she, almost nine months pregnant and healthy, got a small cut, leading to a Group A Strep infection. Her brain swelled, causing catastrophic damage. She declined precipitously on Saturday, and the doctors determined to immediately remove the child by C-section. Beautiful E. was born, the seventh child God gave to Brad and Megan in the last thirteen years. Praise God! Yet her decline continued. On Sunday, doctors declared Megan brain dead and placed her on life support. They give her a few days before her heart stops beating.

Oh, Lord—what?!

What'sApp - Group - Scores - Brad - Megan

I belong to a What’sApp messaging group with scores (or more) of Brad and Megan’s family, friends, and fellow church members. Brad offers updates, which alternate between the grieving and the inspiring. His friends offer encouragements and prayers.

On Wednesday morning—five days after normal ended—Brad shared the following (lightly edited, including removing children and church’s names):

Morning - Hours - Sleep - Morning - Morning

Another morning, another 4 or so hours of sleep. Another morning waking up crying. Another morning of [son] grabbing my hand. This is so hard. I’ve tried to say this to you over the last few days. I profoundly love Megan. We had 14 years of marriage, and we crammed a lot into those 14 years. Our lives are so interwoven. I can’t even begin to separate how intertwined our lives have...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Aquila Report
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Government, where everything works great, until something has to work.