So, Here’s An Egg-Cellent Idea

Kristen Welch | 1/15/2019 | Kristen
Caris (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://wearethatfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/DSC_4650-600x401.jpg

When I first met Judy three years ago, she scared me. All 92 pounds of her.

Maybe you remember that day? I was in Kenya and we were visiting a new group of street women who were meeting at a Catholic Church for showers and a meal twice a week because they were homeless. It was the day I learned about the black market that stole babies from sleeping street mothers. We were desperate to help them so we partnered with the nuns to provide sewing lessons for the two women in the group who could read.

Group - Street - Hope

That group became Street Hope.

I’ve written a lot about this miraculous group the past couple of years–the little miracle felt hearts that changed their lives, how they have moved into homes, and what happened when they spent their first night in a hotel this past December.

Judy - Day - Streets - Hunger - Pains

Judy was high the day I met her. It’s common for those who live on the streets to numb their hunger pains by sniffing glue. She was loud and brash. A couple of months ago, Judy stood on one foot to show me that she was sober. Her brashness has turned to joy. She’s still loud and we wouldn’t want that to change. She recently said, “Since I joined Street Hope, I have been loved so much and now I’m considered a human being.”

It’s crazy to think that felt can change the world, but...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Kristen Welch
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: