Before You See Glass, Here's What You Need to Remember About Unbreakable

POPSUGAR Entertainment | 1/15/2019 | Ryan Roschke
ajoy26 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/pjKjDD8l5z76l1mGAhquYfegmzs/fit-in/1200x630/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-:fill-!white!-/2019/01/15/061/n/1922283/412083645c3e7a87bbc889.89318456_.jpg

The hour is nearly upon us: M. Night Shyamalan's Glass is about to hit theaters, effectively closing the book on a trilogy that's been open for nearly two decades. But in order to really make sense of the film, you might be wondering whether you need to watch the ones that came before it. After all, Unbreakable was released in 2000; can Shyamalan really expect us to remember everything that happened as we go in to watch Glass? Does he expect us to watch or rewatch Unbreakable as preparation for the film?

Well, dear friends, I have a few pieces of good news to tell you. One, I went in to Glass having only seen Split and having never seen Unbreakable, and I was still able to mostly follow along. So, if you wanted to skip the watch/rewatch, you have full license to. More good news: after I saw Glass, I decided to bite the bullet and watch Unbreakable, just to see if it would add any clarity to the final film. So, now I'm here to tell you what you may or may not be missing out on.

Related:

At the beginning of the film, we meet David Dunn, a man who becomes a news sensation when he's the sole survivor of a cataclysmic train derailment. It quickly becomes apparent that David is superhuman: he's never called in sick to work (and can't even remember ever being sick), he's never been gravely injured, he can bench press more than his body weight in the gym — the list goes on.

David - Attention - Man - Elijah - Opposite

David quickly draws the attention of a man named Elijah, who is basically his polar opposite. Elijah was born with a brittle bone disease that makes his limbs break as easily as glass. Being unable to do much for most of his life,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: POPSUGAR Entertainment
Wake Up To Breaking News!