The Cranberries reveal release date of LAST EVER album to mark Dolores O'Riordan's death

Mail Online | 1/15/2018 | Andrew Bullock For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/15/15/8554878-0-image-a-61_1547566704716.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/01/15/5329927524561039765/1024x576_MP4_5329927524561039765.mp4

The Cranberries have released the lead single from their last ever album and revealed when the full record will be unveiled - on the one year anniversary of lead singer Dolores O'Riordan's death.

The frontwoman - who died on January 15 2018, aged 46 - had recorded her vocals for 11 demo tracks intended to feature on the eighth studio album, during the winter of 2017.

Singer - Death - Year - Band - Album

Following the singer's untimely death last year, the band eventually announced the album would still go ahead, using the demos as a foundation, and that it would be the Irish group's last ever record.

The first single was released on Tuesday and called All Over Now, while the album - titled In The End - will drop on April 26.

O'Riordan - Dolores - Mother - Release - 'I

Eileen O'Riordan, Dolores' mother, said of the release: 'I can't think of a more fitting way to commemorate the first anniversary of Dolores' passing and to celebrate her life than to announce to the world the release of her final album with the band.'

The Cranberries - who are responsible for hits such as Linger, Dreams, Zombie, Animal Instinct and Just My Imagination - formed in Limerick in 1989 as The Cranberry Saw Us. Dolores is survived in the band by Mike Hogan, Noel Hogan and Fergal Lawler.

Seven - Albums - Band - End - Valediction

Seven albums - and 40 million sold - later, the band have insisted that In The End 'is not a valediction, it is a celebration of the life and creative work of Dolores'.

The songstress co-wrote the tracks in 2017, during the band's then-tour, and Noel recalled: 'Dolores was so energized by the prospect of making this record and to getting back out on the road to play the songs live.'

Members - Doubts - Record

He went on to explain the existing members had doubts about releasing the record, and considered shelving it entirely.

'We knew this had...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!