Improve your posture with this clever desk-chair accessory for $71

CNET | 1/15/2019 | Rick Broida
boti (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet2.cbsistatic.com/img/JHJDWCaUjoauylVC9QbdmAZQRGg=/724x407/2019/01/15/05bf1477-3c0d-4f18-a571-ff963ad9a97d/posture-keeper-square.jpg

It may look like a backpack, but the Posture Keeper is a clever new way to keep you sitting upright at your desk.

Yesterday I shared a deal on a desk and a desk chair. Today, let's talk about how to improve your posture while you're sitting there.

Worker - Writer - Duh - Share - Neck

I'll preface this by saying that I'm a pretty typical desk-bound worker (because writer, duh). And I've definitely experienced my share of neck and shoulder pain -- some of it severe. I know my chair posture is terrible, alternating between slumping, leaning and rigid uprightness when I catch myself doing the other two.

This is pretty common. Lots of people suffer from neck, back and shoulder issues resulting from poor posture. And so Posture Keeper was born. It works with most desk chairs to help you correct your posture -- and, hopefully, reduce pain.

PK - Kickstarter - Project - Product - Deal

The PK just transitioned from successfully funded Kickstarter project to commercially available product, and I've got an exclusive deal for you. For a limited time, and while a fairly limited first batch lasts, Lifecycle Gifts (via Amazon) has the Posture Keeper for $71.10 with promo code cheapskate10. It's normally $79.

I realize that's not much of a discount, but I also think that for anyone who suffers from the kind of desk-related pain I described, even full price is a bargain -- assuming the PK actually works.

Production - Sample - Months - Lot - Couple

Does it? I've been test-driving an early production sample for the past couple months. And I like it -- a lot -- but with a couple caveats.

Imagine putting a backpack over your chair and then putting the straps over your shoulders. Presto: Now you're effectively strapped to the chair and forced to sit upright -- with lumbar support to round out the equation.

Prevents - Issues - Slumping - Neck

For me this prevents my two biggest issues: slumping and craning my neck forward. Consequently,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: