Selena Gomez 'proud of the person' she's 'becoming' as she breaks months-long social media silence

Mail Online | 1/15/2019 | Dailymail.com Reporter
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/14/23/8527306-0-image-a-39_1547509682555.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/09/23/4436987436759074972/1024x576_MP4_4436987436759074972.mp4

Selena Gomez has broken her self-imposed social media silence.

Taking to her Instagram on Monday afternoon, the 26-year-old actress/singer took a moment to address her followers.

Readers - Year - Person

After wishing readers a 'happy new year', she went on to vaguely remark on her challenging 2018, and how she is 'proud of the person' she is 'becoming.'

'It’s been awhile since you have heard from me, but I wanted to wish everyone a happy new year and to thank you for your love and support,' began the Bad Liar songstress in the caption next to three black-and-white photos of herself.

Year - Year - Self-reflection - Challenges - Growth

'Last year was definitely a year of self-reflection, challenges and growth.

'It’s always those challenges which show you who you are and what you are capable of overcoming,' she continued.

Adding - Person - Year

Adding, 'Trust me, it’s not easy, but I am proud of the person I am becoming and look forward to the year ahead. Love you all.'

Gomez has been out of the spotlight for the last couple months, after going through an 'emotional breakdown' and had been hospitalized twice in as many weeks, TMZ reported.

Outlet - Week - September - Selena - Friends

According to the outlet, in the last week of September Selena was home with friends who described her as 'despondent and emotional' over her alarmingly low white blood cell count in the wake of her kidney transplant.

The Wolves singer was taken to Cedars-Sinai where she stayed for a number of days, before being released.

Actress - Problem - Week - Time

The actress then had to be re-admitted for the same problem a week later, but this time she reacted much worse...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!