Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/14/20/8519990-0-image-a-30_1547497733731.jpg
A grieving mother today described how her five-year-old daughter was killed when her head became trapped in the door of a faulty lift at their family home.
Alexys Brown had been a 'guardian angel' to her disabled brother, 11, and got in the lift to fetch his mobile phone from upstairs.
Youngster - Head - Stuck - Hole - Perspex
But the youngster got her head stuck in a hole in the broken perspex door panel of the faulty lift which activated, causing her to become trapped against it and the ceiling.
Her distraught grandmother was unable to operate the lift to free her and called 999.
Alexys - Scene - Head - Neck - Injuries
But Alexys couldn't be saved and she died at the scene from head and neck injuries.
Alexys' mother, Lorraine Brown, today told a court how her son Jack, then aged 11, has been left traumatised and wracked with guilt after watching his little sister die at their home in Weymouth, Dorset.
Mrs - Brown - Statement - Hearing - Companies
Mrs Brown gave a moving statement at the sentencing hearing of two companies which have been prosecuted for health and safety breaches over a 'catalogue of failures' involving the lift.
Alexys and Jack were at home with their grandmother, Sheila Green, on August 13, 2015, when he asked his sibling to get his phone from upstairs, a court heard.
Five-year-old - Lift - Home - Jack - Disease
The five-year-old decided to go upstairs in the lift which had been installed at their home for Jack, who has a neuro-degenerative disease.
Mrs Green was sewing in another room when she heard Jack 'hysterically screaming'.
Mrs - Brown - Bournemouth - Crown - Court
Mrs Brown, 33, told Bournemouth Crown Court her other children had been left 'broken' by the devastation caused by Alexys' death.
She said: 'The heartache and emotion they have had to face of losing their sister and best friend and the circumstances of her death make it impossible.
Son - Jack - Something - People - Nightmares
'My son Jack had to witness something people wouldn't even be able to have nightmares about.
Wake Up To Breaking News!