Experiences at CES 2019: What We Saw and What We Learned

MakeUseOf | 1/14/2019 | Joel Lee
TaylorShaye (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://static.makeuseof.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/CES-2019-Press-Conference-Featured-994x400.jpg

This year’s CES 2019 team at MakeUseOf ran eight members strong, and it was the perfect size to cover all the nooks and crannies of the event within the four days it ran. For half of us, CES 2019 was the very first CES we’ve ever experienced, while the rest of us have had a taste and already knew what to expect.

We thought it’d be interesting to hear what our team thought of CES 2019 and what we took away from it as the booths wound down and came to a close.

CES - Reputation - World - Tech - Conference

CES’s reputation as the world’s largest tech conference is well-established, so as I gathered my belongings for the trip to Las Vegas, I was prepared for an overwhelming experience. The airport was crammed with CES badge pickup booths, so I grabbed my badge and ventured on. This was one of the first times I’d met many of the MakeUseOf team, so even that in itself was worth the trip. I spent most of the conference at the Las Vegas Convention Center, right across the street from our Airbnb. A casual stroll and I was surrounded by some of the newest products from many of the world’s largest technology companies.

I always try to keep a sense of wonder about how far the consumer tech industry has come in the past few decades, but at CES it was easy to feel jaded about the marginal improvements, excessive cost, and marketing gimmicks. That said, looking past the noise, I did find some products that made me genuinely excited. While many of my colleagues had to venture to the other CES venues, I was able to spend most of my time in the largest and experienced some of the best CES had to offer.

Throngs - People - Noise - Lights - Desire

Throngs of people, endless noise, bright lights, and a desire...
(Excerpt) Read more at: MakeUseOf
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: