Newest Dem to run for president was part of campaign comparing gays to incest and BEASTIALITY

Mail Online | 1/13/2019 | Emily Goodin, U.s. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com
princia (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/14/21/8521200-0-image-a-62_1547500183073.jpg

Democratic Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, who announced she is exploring a bid for president, worked for her father's anti-gay organization in the early 2000s - a group that likened same-sex marriage to incest, pedophilia, and bestiality.

Mike Gabbard, a prominent anti-gay activist in Hawaii who now serves in the state Senate, established The Alliance for Traditional Marriage, which supported gay conversion therapy and referred to homosexuality as 'unhealthy, abnormal behavior that should not be promoted or accepted in society.'

Revelations - Apology - Weekend - Ambitions - Support

The revelations, which prompted an apology from her over the weekend, could be problematic to her presidential ambitions given the heavy support for LBGT rights in the Democratic Party.

An ad from the group resurfaced over the weekend, featuring the Gabbard family - including a teenage Tulsi - opposing gay marriage in the late 1990s.

'Each - Right - Absolute - Right - Anyone

'Each of us has the right to marry but we don't have the absolute right to marry anyone we want. For example, I'm not allowed to marry my daughter or my son,' Mike Gabbard says in the video.

'I can't marry my sister or my brother,' a young Tulsi Gabbard notes.

'And - Dog - Person - Ad

'And I can't marry my dog,' chimed in another person featured in the ad.

The group spent more than $100,000 in 1998 to pass an amendment that gave the Hawaii state legislature power to 'reserve marriage to opposite-sex couples.' The amendment to the state's constitution passed, CNN reported.

Gabbard - Record - Issue - Spotlight - Ad

Gabbard's record on the issue also came in the spotlight with the ad's revelation.

In 2004, when she was in the Hawaii state house, she testified in opposition to a civil unions bill.

'To

'To try to act as if...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!