FIREFIGHTER SAVES AMERICAN FLAG FROM THE BURNING HOME OF VIETNAM VET

The Daily Caller | 1/14/2019 | Staff
HelloimMe (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Firefighter-Saves-American-Flag-From-The-Burning-Home-Of-Vietnam-Vet-Fox-Friends-1-14-19-e1547476448266.jpg

Toledo firefighter Allen Skomer saved an American flag from the burning home of a Vietnam Veteran Friday in Ohio and appeared on “Fox & Friends” to share his story.

“Before we arrived on scene, our incident commander deemed the structure unsafe for firefighter operations. So, at that point it became a defensive fire. So, breathed a little bit of a sigh of relief with that … knowing that there weren’t going to be any firefighters inside in danger. At that point we just throw water on the structure from the outside and try to keep surrounding structures from catching fire.”

Skomer - Veteran - US - Navy - Rookie

Skomer, who is a veteran of the U.S. Navy, said he was showing a rookie fireman how to properly douse the flames when he saw the flag and had to act.

WATCH:

Rookie - Stream - Fire - Stream - Water

“I was helping a rookie, showing him how to properly throw a stream, a fire stream and just spray water. And looked up and I saw the flag waving with the flames burning behind it,” he said. “And that kind of set off a little bell in the back of my head, saying ‘hey, that’s not right.’ So, I just … I walked up to the porch and I took the flag down and set it on the bumper of our ladder truck to keep it from burning up. Because I knew...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
Wake Up To Breaking News!