Tired of Sardines?

canadafreepress.com | 1/14/2019 | Dr. Klaus L.E. Kaiser
Mijac (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://canadafreepress.com/images/uploads/KAISER011419A.jpg

... then try Rollmops, Surströmming, or Sushi, especially that tuna kind of Sushi! You’ll love it—until you’ll see the bill!

As Fox News reported “Self-described Japanese ‘Tuna King’ Kiyoshi Kimura paid a record $3 million for a 612-pound (278-kilogram) Bluefin tuna at the first new year’s [2019] auction in Tokyo on Saturday.” After trimming the skin etc., what’s left of the fish must cost the “Tuna King” around $ 6,000 for a mere pound of edible tuna.

Screen - Shot - Fox - News - Video

Screen shot of a Fox News video.

You may wonder, what’s so special about “Sushi?”

Taste - Buds - Friends - Japan - Web

Not wanting to offend the taste buds of my friends in Japan, let me quote the web’s irrefutable source of wisdom, AKA Wikipedia. It states: “Sushi [...] is a Japanese dish of prepared vinegared rice [...], usually with some sugar and salt, accompanying a variety of ingredients [...], such as [raw] seafood, vegetables, and occasionally tropical fruits. Styles of sushi and its presentation vary widely, but the one key ingredient is “sushi rice”, also referred to as Shari [...]. The term sushi is no longer used in its original context; it literally means “sour-tasting.”

Tuna is a prime ingredient of Sushi (after rice, I guess). It really must be elevating a connoisseur’s taste buds. Unfortunately, I’m not a member of that exalted club. Doesn’t everyone deserve a “piece of the pie?”—I must have had a poor upbringing.

Look - Kinds - Fish - Dishes - Rollmops

So, let’s look at some other kinds of more or less raw fish dishes, like “Rollmops.”

Like Sushi, Rollmops, basically is also raw fish. Specifically it consists of rolled-up herring fillets in a special (white, milk-based ??) sauce.

Sushi - Rollmops - Hors - Rollmops - Delicacy

Like Sushi, Rollmops is mostly an occasional hors d’oeuvre dish. If not mistaken, the Rollmops is a German delicacy. I’ve eaten it repeatedly. It’s okay, but not exactly my most favored food. Again, let me quote Wiki: Rollmops [...] are pickled...
(Excerpt) Read more at: canadafreepress.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: