Bandersnatch EPs Talk Sequel Hurdles, the 'Smartass' Idea That Got Snuffed and One Part You Will Never Get To

TVLine | 1/12/2019 | Matt Webb Mitovich
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2018/12/black-mirror-bandersnatch-stefan.jpg?w=1024

How much have you Bandersnatched?

Heading to the new year, Netflix sprung on us Black Mirror: Bandersnatch, an interactive movie that follows Stefan (Dunkirk‘s Fionn Whitehead), a wannabe videogame designer, and his fateful encounter with industry icon Colin Ritman (Maze Runner‘s Will Poulter). As Stefan pursues an adaptation of Bandersnatch, a Choose Your Own Path fantasy novel by (the uxoricidal?) Jerome F. Davies, viewers are intermittently prompted to choose Stefan’s next response/action. The results range from merely cosmetic and sometimes moot to occasionally very deadly.

Paths - Viewer - Endings - Internet - Everyone

Theoretically, there are “one trillion possible paths” the viewer can take, leading to five-to-12 official endings (all of which have been documented here and there across the Internet). Now that everyone has had ample time to sample Bandersnatch (but before talk of a lawsuit arose), TVLine spoke with Black Mirror cocreators Charles Brooker and Annabel Jones about the ambitious enterprise, favorite moments, well-hidden Easter eggs and a possible follow-up.

RELATEDBlack Mirror: Bandersnatch: Thus Far I’ve Died Horribly, and Gotten Arrested — What About You?

TVLINE - | - Every - Time - Bandersnatch

TVLINE | Every time I write or talk about Bandersnatch, I catch and ask myself: Do we watch this or do we play it?

CHARLIE BROOKER | We withstand it. [Laughs] Good question. We still dont quite know…. You “absorb” it.

TVLINE - | - Equivalent - Black - Mirror

TVLINE | You have said that doing this was the equivalent of producing four Black Mirror episodes. That said, were lessons learned? Are there any efficiencies to be had if you or someone attempt a second one?

ANNABEL JONES | I think it would be more efficient not to do it. [Laughs] It was a big learning curve.

BROOKER - Learning - Curve - Curve - Conceit

BROOKER | It was a big learning curve, and then another learning curve. There was originally a central, quite complicated conceit that we stripped out out that I am now slightly mourning. It was a bit too arcane to get...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!