Amazon Bends to Muslim Pressure: Removes ‘Islamophobic’ Products, Still Has Anti-Christian Merchandise

Conservative Tribune | 1/12/2019 | Cillian Zeal
erinmmarion (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Amazon-HQ.jpg

When Amazon was notified of products on its website that were questionably Islamophobic, the online retailer moved with all due rapidity to extirpate them. When notified of products that were definitely anti-Christian, well, not so much.

First, the “Islamophobic” products. CNN reported that the items, which were sold by independent merchants on the e-commerce giant’s platform, included bathmats that were imprinted with Islamic scripture.

Council - American-Islamic - Relations - CAIR - Nation

“The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the nation’s largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, asked the online retailer last week to remove the products, which included doormats, bath mats and other items imprinted with Islamic calligraphy, references to the Prophet Muhammad and scripture,” CNN said.

“The products, which were being sold by independent merchants on Amazon’s website, are deemed offensive because they ‘would be stepped-on or otherwise disrespected by customers,’ CAIR said in a statement on Thursday.”

Brand - Bigot - Islamic - Tenets - Bathmat

I’m not particularly certain that the brand of bigot who would enjoy violating Islamic religious tenets by stepping on a bathmat would be the type of individual who would appreciate the offense being given or want a bathmat with Islamic scripture in his house.

That being said, Amazon probably should take some sort of action if a product is deeply offensive or hateful toward a religious group.

Example - T-shirt - F— - Me - Jesus

For example, a T-shirt saying “F— Me Jesus” and featuring a woman using a crucifix in perhaps the most profoundly untoward manner possible. That would seem to be more extreme than a bathmat featuring Islamic calligraphy.

Guess which one is still up on the store?

Shirt - Merchandise - Band - Marduk - Metal

That shirt is official merchandise for the band Marduk, a Swedish black metal outfit that, from my one minute of acquaintance with it on YouTube (and that’s really all anyone should be able to take), I can say with some confidence is hilariously bad.

Do you think that Amazon should remove these items?

Yes No

Completing...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Conservative Tribune
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into"--Jonathan Swift