Romney 2020 touted by Nevada’s Harry Reid, calling Trump ‘amoral’

Boston Herald | 10/9/2018 | Boston Herald Wire Services
adele2234 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.bostonherald.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Trump-Romney_440861.jpg?w=1024&h=683

LAS VEGAS — Former Nevada Sen. Harry Reid is pushing for a Mitt Romney challenge to President Trump in 2020, saying Thursday that Trump has no conscience.

“I’ve had dealings with the man,” Reid said of Trump. “I think he’s amoral. I don’t think he has a conscience.”

Reid - Romney - Differences - Romney - Voice

Reid said he and Romney had differences in the past. But he said he likes Romney and thinks he’s “a moderate voice the Republicans need.” He also insisted that he had claimed Romney hadn’t paid “his fair share of taxes,” rather than no taxes and said he was glad he had raised the issue.

Reid hammered Romney on his taxes during the 2012 presidential race, including an unsubstantiated claim that Romney paid no income taxes for a decade and criticism about his choices to keep money in Swiss and Cayman Island accounts.

Foil - Trump - Reid - Thursday - Republicans

“I think he would be a great foil against Trump,” Reid said Thursday. “I think Republicans may even allow him to be nominated, to be the Republican nominee. That would be good for the country.”

A message seeking comment from Romney’s office was not returned Thursday.

Reid - Democrat - Senate - Majority - Leader

Reid, the 79-year-old Democrat who served as Senate Majority Leader, said in a radio interview with KNPR in Nevada that the partial government shutdown over Trump’s push for a U.S.-Mexico border wall is an example of Trump’s behavior.

Reid said the border wall does not have popular support, but the shutdown over it is causing people to suffer financial harm.

White - House - Email - Comment - Thursday

The White House did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment Thursday.

Reid said later in the interview that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Boston Herald
Wake Up To Breaking News!