Company director, 30, threatened to throw ACID in ex-lover's face after collapse of pancake bar

Mail Online | 1/11/2019 | Martin Robinson, Chief Reporter For Mailonline
my_new_puppy (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/11/09/8395196-0-image-a-75_1547199720670.jpg

A company director vowed to throw acid in the face of his ex-girlfriend during a stalking campaign after he blamed her for the collapse of their American-themed dessert bar, a court heard.

Travis Holness, 30, began harassing Lauren Lockwood after they split up and he was left with debts of £30,000 due to the closure of their pancake and milkshake cafe in Handforth, Cheshire, after just four months of trading.

Weeks - Holness - Miss - Lockwood - Phone

Over four weeks Holness bombarded 29-year old Miss Lockwood with unwanted phone calls in which she said he threatened to disfigure her with corrosive liquid.

He also turned up at a trendy hair salon where she was worked as a receptionist shouting: 'You set me up. I'll kick your head in.'

Occasion - Miss - Lockwood - Wilmslow - Home

On another occasion Miss Lockwood, from Wilmslow, was driving home with her mother when Holness who is thought to have been following her in her Mercedes used his vehicle to block her in then tried to get her car keys from her.

He was arrested after a tearful Miss Lockwood went to police to report him twice in two days and asked for a restraining order.

Manchester - Magistrates - Court - Holness - May

At Manchester Magistrates Court Holness was convicted of stalking between May and June 2018 after a trial.

The court heard the couple who had been together for two years had opened their premises SugarBee in October 2017 after Holness got a £25,000 business loan and borrowed a further £6,000 from his aunt for fixtures and fittings.

Couple - Month - Business - January - Year

But the couple split up the following month and the business closed in January last year amid spiralling costs.

Miss Lockwood told Manchester magistrates court: 'I had the idea of opening a business together, he said it would sound good and would be something to work on. At the start it was all under Travis' name and eventually he added my name as a director...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!