Dr Mosley's Fast 800 Diet: It's so easy to stay slim - for ever!

Mail Online | 1/11/2019 | Dr Michael Mosley for the Daily Mail
Omnista (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/11/00/8382566-0-image-a-28_1547167831846.jpg

Over the six years since I wrote the Fast Diet, millions have found 5:2 intermittent fasting a great way to lose weight. People have also told me that they find it an easy plan to return to if the weight starts to creep back.

But the original 5:2 was by no means perfect. So I’ve written a new book, based on lots of cutting-edge research, which I believe has made this approach to weight loss even more flexible and doable. The result is the Fast 800, which has been serialised all this week in the Daily Mail.

Changes - Levels - Calories - Days - Figure

One of the changes I’ve made is to increase the recommended levels of calories to 800 on fasting days. This figure is high enough to ensure you get all the nutrients you need and don’t feel hungry, but low enough to trigger the metabolic benefits of fasting. I also now recommend making your fasting days easier — and more effective — by narrowing your daily eating window to around ten hours a day.

The great thing about intermittent fasting is that it doesn’t require you to give up many food groups or buy lots of expensive ingredients, and it’s something you can dip in and out of as your weight naturally fluctuates through life.

Years - Lb - Blood - Sugars - Level

Nearly seven years ago I lost 20 lb and returned my blood sugars to a healthy level by adopting this approach. I’m proud to say I’ve remained the same healthy weight since, by sticking to a largely Mediterranean-style diet, which is naturally quite low in carbohydrates.

I extend my night-time fast as often as I can, and I do throw in a few 800-calorie fast days to get everything back on track if I ever end up with a period of over-indulging.

Weight - Off

Let’s be honest here — losing weight and then keeping if off is...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: