House Democrats Plan to Subpoena Donald Trump Jr. in Renewed Russia Probe

Breitbart | 1/9/2019 | Staff
roxy2707 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2018/02/AP-Richard-Drew.png

House Democrats plan to issue the first subpoena in their renewed Russia probe into Donald Trump Jr., according to a report.

Rep. Jackie Speier (D-CA), a member of the House Intelligence Committee, revealed the plan Tuesday night at the Woman’s National Democratic Club, the Washington Examiner reported.

Speier - Trump - Jr - White - House

Speier has talked about subpoenaing Trump Jr. and White House senior adviser and the president’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, since at least last month.

Speier told CNN on December 7, “I think they will be subpoenaed if they don’t come voluntarily.” She said the committee would try to make as many hearings public as possible.

Number - People - CNN - Phone - Bills

“We want to hear from I think a number of people that we have already interviewed,” she told CNN. “All of the phone bills and phone calls made and all of the direct messages and the emails that were never subpoenaed need to be subpoenaed for the primary persons that were part of the Trump orbit and campaign.”

Trump Jr. spoke to the committee in 2017, but Democrats have accused him of not being forthcoming.

Number - Persons - Committee - Truth - Speier

“There are a number of persons that testified before the committee that I feel were not telling the truth,” said Speier, according to the Examiner.

The House Intelligence Committee wrapped up its investigation last year into possible Trump campaign collusion with Russians, finding there was no collusion. However, Democrats, who took control of the House in November, had long-planned to revive it.

Speier - Committee - Report - Whitewash - Panel

Speier said the Committee’s final report was a “whitewash” and that the panel would subpoena key documents.

“Those documents were never subpoenaed by the Republicans and so they were able to just produce...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!